Behind the Blog.....

I love to cook. I love to exercise. I love clothes and jewellery.

As a new mum who has recently returned to work I find it hard to balance the eating and exercise part so I started to research quick and easy ways to cook healthy meals and keep fit at home in minimal time.

The meals I share are quick and easy, they taste great and most importantly they are good for you!!

Keep an eye out for the killer exercises on my blog that will help keep you in shape in the comfort of your own home!




Be Happy

Be Happy

Thursday 13 June 2013

Best Muffins Ever!!

Orange, Honey & Quinoa Muffins

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups wholemeal flour
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
110ml vegetable oil
zest and juice of 2 oranges
1 cup of natural yoghurt

Steps

1. Preheat oven to 190 C and grease a muffin tin.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, quinoa and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl combine the egg, yoghurt, oil, honey, orange zest and juice and stir to combine and add to the flour and mix until just combined.
4. Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin tin, filling them almost full. Sprinkle the top with a little extra quinoa and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

Makes 10 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment